How to organize glass food storage containers in the kitchen?
On almost every channel on the internet, you can always find something about time management and organisation. There are numerous videos and posts about tips for organising your home and your whole life.
In this post, we want to help you get organised in the most used room of your home: the kitchen, with the help of glass storage containers.
Why the kitchen is so important?
The kitchen is the heart of your home, everything always happens here. In your everyday life you are in the kitchen an estimated 1/3 of the time: to make coffee, to cook dinner, to eat, to tidy up, and much more happens here. Even when family, friends, or neighbours visit, you sit or stand in the kitchen and chat. Even though large family celebrations often start and end in the kitchen, it is always a focal point.
The advantages of organisation in the kitchen:
A well-organised kitchen not only looks beautiful and makes the centre of your home presentable at all times, it also comes with many time-saving benefits.
– You have more space thanks to a space-saving organization.
– You have a good overview of your supplies
– You save time in the morning
– You save time in preparation and cooking
– You save time when tidying up because everything has its fixed place.
Now we come to the question of how you can best organise your kitchen and turn this room into your place of well-being.
Glass containers for the kitchen:
Glass food storage containers are the best way to organize your kitchen. They are probably the most hygienic way to store your food and kitchen utensils. Our jars are dishwasher safe and are therefore quick and effective to clean. A kitchen with food jars with lid is not only very modern and trendy, but also looks good! Another advantage is that when you open the kitchen cupboard, you can immediately find the product you need and, because the glass storage jars are transparent, you can see straight away whether or not you need to refill the jar. Finally, the most important advantage of kitchen organisation with glass containers is another step towards a plastic-free future for our planet.
How to organize glass food storage containers in the kitchen?
To organize glass food storage containers in your kitchen is easy! All you need is time, patience ☺ and …
– Storage jars with lids
– Pen to write on
Let’s go through the process of kitchen organisation together, step by step…
Step 1: Take everything out of the cupboards!
Find enough free space in your kitchen to start with the first step of clearing out. Take all the food and utensils out of the cupboards and try to sort them right away. Don’t forget to clean the cupboards afterwards, so you’ll have a well-organised and clean kitchen right away.
Step 2: Sort out what you want to keep and what you don’t!
Now you have all your food and belongings in your cupboards in one place. Now try to sort out what you want to keep and what you want to throw away.
To help you with this first step, our Pearl team has prepared the following golden tips for you.
1. Check the expiry date of all the food in your pantry and cupboards.
2. Throw away everything you haven’t used in the last year, even if it hasn’t expired yet. After such a long time, you probably won’t use it anymore.
3. If the packaging is open, throw away the contents. Open food packaging in cupboards is extremely dangerous as it can attract insects and rodents that can contaminate your food.
Unsure about some things? No problem, you can always sort them out in the next steps.
Step 3: Sort and categorize your food
For a better overview and an easier way to organize glass food storage containers, it now makes sense to sort your products by putting together the same or similar products. You can already categorise products now. Pasta, and cereals, dried fruit, and nuts, baking utensils (flour, sugar, baking powder). If you want to organise not only food but also cleaning utensils in your jars, sort them in this step too.
Step 4: Fill and label your mason jars
Now fill the products into the glass storage jars and label them immediately so you don’t get confused. Note that you don’t always have to use the same size jar, sometimes smaller jars are better. Look at the products and the quantities and then decide the size of storage glasses with lid you want to use.
Unsure how to label your preserving jars?
The world of labels has become so creative! Nowadays, it is possible to find different ways of labelling your preserving jars. There are labels for every taste and need.
Here you will find some suggestions for solutions:
– Acrylic-based marker: This is our favourite because you can customise it to your liking and it is easy to remove when washing the glass storage containers. You can also choose different colours, but the most common are black or white. Like in the example below:
– Self-adhesive glass labels: Here you also have many options. They come in different designs and sizes. You can write on them directly or add some text, e.g. for spice packets, grains etc. as in the example below:
– Small notes on the bottom of the jars: If you prefer a simple and neutral design, you can also write and stick directly on the bottom of the jar. This way, you keep the look of your glass storage jar neutral and emphasise the contents. As in the example below:
Additional tips to improve the look of your labels:
Keep a consistent style for all labels:
– Use the same colour for the labels of all the jars
– Choose a uniform size for the text and adapt it to the possibilities of the jars
– Choose between upper and lower case letters
Step 5: Store your jars in the cupboards
Everything is well and visibly stored in your glass storage containers, and the jars are labelled. Now it’s time to put them away. If you don’t yet have a clear idea of which groups from step 3 go where or exactly where you should start, Find a fixed starting point where you want to begin: the sink, the cooker, or the dishwasher. Just start and let your gut feelings guide you.
If you have enough space, you can reserve different compartments for grains, biscuits, nuts, spices, etc. Always try to put the big jars in the back and the small ones in the front. By the way, one of the great advantages of storing food in preserving jars is that their transparency allows you to see the contents without having to open them. In the photo below, you can see what a pantry organised with our Luna Storage jars could look like:
Organize your kitchen drawers with canning jars
Our Sunny Cap Jars make your life easier when it comes to kitchen drawer organisation. The glass lids allow you to see the contents from above without having to remove them from the drawers. They fit perfectly into the bottom drawers of kitchen cabinets.
Your own organised kitchen
You’ve done it. Your kitchen has turned into a well-organised, feel-good place that saves you a lot of work and time and gives you more time for yourself.
To keep it that way, remember that every item in your kitchen now has its fixed place and remind yourself to put every product back in its place. With a little practice, continuity, and routines, you will maintain and perhaps even redesign your place of well-being.
Organising your kitchen with our Pearl storage jars is easy. We hope you enjoy this practical and fun adventure with our jars. And please don’t forget to share the end result with us. Feel free to share your Instagram links with photos of your storage jars in the comments.
Have some helpful kitchen organisation tips? Please share them with us too 😃