The sun is shining, the beach is calling and picnic season is in full swing. We think it’s the perfect moment to cool off with some new summer cocktails in a mason jar, brought to you by our very own Pearl team! Lukas and Jaime rolled up their sleeves and swapped out traditional cocktail shakers for some of our Pearl mason jars to show you how you can practice your home bartending skills with some easy equipment and simple tips.
Whether you’re a beginner or a well-seasoned cocktail maker, we hope you enjoy these recipes. Make sure to follow along in more detail in our Youtube video here.
Let’s get started!
To make our summer cocktails in a mason jar, we used two jars from our Pearl collection that work well for these recipes:
The Mariposa Jar
Excellent for pouring and shaking because of its swing-top closure.
The Sympl Sunny Cap Jar
Featuring a transparent glass top allowing you to look inside, the cylindrical shape is ideal to let you comfortably muddle and combine ingredients.
Matcha Latte Recipe
Our first summer cocktail in a mason jar is a classic Matcha latte. Matcha is a green powder derived from green tea leaves. Rather than using whole green tea leaves, it is ground into a fine powder. This drink is considered a superfood due to its high antioxidants and ability to boost energy and focus over a sustained period of time, making it a wonderful alternative to coffee. There are two types of matcha, one is ceremonial, and the other is used for cooking. We are using the ceremonial matcha, which is used for brewing teas.
What you will need:
- 1 teaspoon of ceremonial Matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- Hot water (Not boiling! You may boil the water but make sure to allow it to cool)
- Ice cubes
- Milk of your choice (Lukas uses almond)
- Electronic whisk
- Pearl Mariposa jar
- Combine the Matcha together with the sugar. The sugar will help to prevent the Matcha from clumping so it can more effectively dissolve into a smooth paste.
- Gently add the hot warm water, a little bit at a time, stirring in between. This will let you make a clump-free paste.
- Using a small electronic whisk, combine this together by whisking for 2 minutes.
- Taking your Mariposa jar, add some ice cubes and milk. We fill our Mariposa up until the star symbol.
- Gently add the matcha paste into the Mariposa glass jar.
- Flip the lid of the jar over to close securely and shake gently to fully combine.
- Sit back and enjoy your matcha in the sun!
While Matcha lattes are a great drink to sip on throughout the work day, our second Summer cocktail in a mason jar is the perfect drink to unwind with after 6 pm! The Caipirinha is a popular drink hailing from Brazil that is made using brown sugar, limes, a liquor called cachaca that is derived from sugar cane and some crushed ice. To make this Summer cocktail in a mason jar we used our 1 liter Mariposa as a shaker and our Sunny Cap Sympl as a serving glass.
What you will need:
- 2-3 limes
- Brown sugar
- Cachaca liquor
- Crushed ice or ice cubes
- Pearl 1 liter Mariposa jar or cocktail shaker
- Pearl Sympl Sunny Cap jars X2
- 1 muddler
- Begin by rolling two limes under your hand on the worktop to help release the juices more easily when you cut it open.
- Cut open each lime and divide them into quarters or eighths. Jaime usually does his in eighths. Pay close attention to also removing the white pit that will be remaining on each lime wedge as this will cause bitterness!
- Take your Pearl Sympl sunny cap jars and add the limes inside each one, filling them with ¾ of the limes per jar.
- Depending on your taste, you can add 1-2 teaspoons of sugar to each jar on top of the limes and use your muddle to thoroughly combine the ingredients. It’s great to make summer cocktails in a mason jar such as our Pearl Sympl as the cylindrical shape allows the muddler to fit easily through.
- Once you have achieved a liquid paste from the sugar you can add some ice cubes on top and fill to the top with the cachaca liquor.
- Open the Mariposa liter jar and transfer all the contents from each jar inside. The jar should be at room temperature. Firmly close and gently shake everything together! Once you start seeing foam, this means the sugar is dissolving effectively together. Good work!
Sit back and share your summer cocktail in a mason jar while watching the sunset with a friend!
Shop the perfect jar to make Summer cocktails in
Wondering where you can buy glass jars to make summer cocktails in? Look no further!
Our Pearl website contains a wide range of sizes and varieties of jars that are ideal for those looking to experiment and serve cocktails. From secure swing top closures perfect for shaking to cylindrical jars great for serving and muddling in, we’ve got your home bar setup covered.